My Sports Blog

Welcome to my Sports Blog.
I love sports, especially Michigan sports. I don't claim to be an expert on facts or records, but I have opinions on most anything. I hope you enjoy my thoughts. Feel free to comment or disagree with me.
Your feedback will be happily received.

Monday, March 15, 2010

This and That

The Michigan Wolverines lost in the Big Ten Tournament on a last two-second shot. I have been amazed at how the TV sportscasters analyzed coach Beilein's decision to go man-to-man or to a zone defense? They kept discussing whether he made the right move or not? Of course, he didn't. We lost the game! I would not be critical of him had there been no timeouts left, but the coach had time to set up any attempt of Ohio State getting a shot off and he failed.
If this situation should ever come up again, I know that he would not do the same thing, no matter what he says to the contrary.
This loss might have changed a few things. Would Illinois be in the tourney now? Would Michigan be in the NIT? Would the Spartans be a higher seed? Who knows?

Michigan Spartans, number 11 in the country, goes to a 5 seed? Yeah, that is about right. They have not looked good the past few weeks, and they sure don't look like they will go far in the NCAA tournament. There is hope with Allen coming off a suspension, that he might get the team energized so that they might avoid an early knockout. My feeling is that they have not been physical enough all year. Early in the season they were constantly in foul trouble. It seems they have corrected that problem, but it has been hurting their defense and aggressiveness.

Small note on the Lions: With the acquisitions Detroit has made in the off-season, I have changed my thoughts about their number two pick. I now think the Honolulu Blue will take Suh and not trade down for an extra pick. I think the coaches are very happy with the players they have picked up in free agency and by trades. They are much improved since the beginning of the year and now will go for an outstanding defensive player. I am hoping!
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment