My Sports Blog

Welcome to my Sports Blog.
I love sports, especially Michigan sports. I don't claim to be an expert on facts or records, but I have opinions on most anything. I hope you enjoy my thoughts. Feel free to comment or disagree with me.
Your feedback will be happily received.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Another Weekend

What an amazing win for the Michigan Spartans this weekend. Korie Lucious hit a last second shot to beat Maryland, 85 to 83, to send Sparty into the Sweet Sixteen again. Michigan State looked like a team of the walking wounded. CBS's Brando said they looked like a "Mash" unit.
I am not sure how much further they can go in the tournament with their many injuries, but one thing I have to say is that Michigan State basketball always gives us an exciting "March Madness." Their next game is with the Cinderella's of Northern Iowa. Go Sparty!

What is with all of the upsets this year in the NCAA tourney? I have already thrown my bracket entries away. All of the big teams, Kansas, Georgetown, Villanova, and Vanderbilt got beat in the second round. My thoughts on this is that their opponents are teams they hadn't played before. They have been rated 1, 2, or 3 based on their schedules and games in their own conferences, where they are familiar with the weaknesses and strengths. More than ever this year I have noticed how poorly the big teams started off the beginning of their games. Are they too over confident?

The Lions are looking at "Pacman" Jones and although he is still young and in good physical shape, I really think they should pass on him. He has practically sat out two years because of off-field incidents. I believe in giving people a second chance, but I don't think the Detroit Lions are a team that should be taking a chance on someone who has a shaky past. They are shaky enough. And let's not talk about their past!
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment