My Sports Blog

Welcome to my Sports Blog.
I love sports, especially Michigan sports. I don't claim to be an expert on facts or records, but I have opinions on most anything. I hope you enjoy my thoughts. Feel free to comment or disagree with me.
Your feedback will be happily received.

Friday, March 12, 2010

The Real Larry Foote?

I was really surprised when the Detroit Lions released Larry Foote a week or so ago. He had a lot of good things to say about our struggling football team last year when he came back to his home state where he attended high school in Flint Michigan. I thought that he was the type of player we needed. Larry seemed dedicated, loyal, with a good attitude, and had "game." He was (I had hoped) one more brick on bringing the Lions back to respectability. I guess the Lion's front office and coach Schwartz did not see him that same way. I am not sure what kind of skills he still possesses, but his latest remarks show a little of his true character. Now that he is leaving after one year, he is making statements about going to the Arizona Cardinals, which, quoting he said, "To get back to a winner." Boy, that was a fast reversal. In other words, to "Hell" with Detroit, and all the good words he said about the team last year was not the way he truly felt.
I am glad he is now gone. As always I will be rooting for the Lions to win every game this year, and if Foote goes to Arizona (might go to Redskins?), I will cheer the opposing team each and every game.
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment