My Sports Blog

Welcome to my Sports Blog.
I love sports, especially Michigan sports. I don't claim to be an expert on facts or records, but I have opinions on most anything. I hope you enjoy my thoughts. Feel free to comment or disagree with me.
Your feedback will be happily received.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

MORE THOUGHTS

I see that Eastern Michigan University (granddaughter goes there) hired a former Detroit Lion's assistant coach last week. Phil Snow who was the Lion's linebacker coach will now take over as defensive coordinator for the EM Eagles. Last year the Eagles lost every game, they were 0 for 12. Now I don't want to blow EMU's bubble, but Snow worked for the Lions for 4 years and the team's record for that period was 15 wins and 49 losses. What was on Snow's resume that made EMU hire this guy?

The Big Ten tournament is this weekend. I am predicting that a couple of the top teams, either Michigan State, Ohio State or Purdue will get knocked off early before the Championship game. I believe, however that all of these teams, including Wisconsin (granddaughter goes there)will do well in the Big Dance (NCAA Tourney).

I wish I had the high hopes as the Detroit writers do about the Detroit Tigers baseball team's chances this year. The pitching looks good, much better than last year, but new guys like Damon, Austin, and Sizemore look shaky to me. I hope I am wrong. If the Tigers don't make the playoffs this year, look for Dombrowski to leave because of the roster moves he has made.
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment