My Sports Blog

Welcome to my Sports Blog.
I love sports, especially Michigan sports. I don't claim to be an expert on facts or records, but I have opinions on most anything. I hope you enjoy my thoughts. Feel free to comment or disagree with me.
Your feedback will be happily received.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

More Talk

Ah Spring. This is my favorite time of the year. We have the NCAA tourney, the NBA playoffs and the start of the new baseball season coming all at once. Plus let's not forget about the NFL. Football in the U.S. is talked about all year round. Just check out the sport pages in your daily newspaper and you will find lots of stories about your favorite team, even though the season opener is still 6 months away. What other sport is bantered this much? It takes some doing to get away from the news of the college player draft, the NFL trades, and all of the outlandish scandals. I love it.

I would be willing to bet that Brett Farve does not play football this year. However, if he does, he will not end up playing the whole season. He is so undecided that a disappointing start for the Vikings will send him to retirement. Again!

I don't know if Donovan McNabb is going to the Oakland Raiders. I really believe though, that he will not be with the Philadelphia Eagles this year. My reasoning is that if he were to stay, Michael Vick would already be gone. The Eagles have given up on McNabb.

Why did the Detroit Tigers get rid of Nate Robertson? I know that Nate, Bonderman, and Willis are all question marks for this year, but to get rid of a left-hander with some potential could come back to bite the team later near the playoffs. The Tigers now have 8 right hand pitchers and 5 left starting this season. My choice would have been to trade Bonderman and keep the left-hander. Lefties are not that plentiful.

Tom Izzo looks so tired this year. I hope it is not his health and that he is just getting a little older. All of these rumors of his leaving MSU, I doubt are true. But don't be surprised if he feels he needs some new challenges to get him rejuvenated. I hope not!
Happy Easter
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment