My Sports Blog

Welcome to my Sports Blog.
I love sports, especially Michigan sports. I don't claim to be an expert on facts or records, but I have opinions on most anything. I hope you enjoy my thoughts. Feel free to comment or disagree with me.
Your feedback will be happily received.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

More Questions than Answers

I really enjoyed the Tigers 5 to 1 win over the Angels on Sunday. Verlander had an excellent game as he pitched a shutout and gave up only one hit for eight innings. He was relieved after yielding two hits in the ninth, for the "closer", Valverde. That's when it got a little scary. it was hard to get the Angels to make the final out, and manager Leyland didn't help very much. I understood letting the Angel base runner steal second base without a throw down, and concentrating more on the batter, but he gave up second base three times in one inning. The Tigers actually gave L.A. their only run, and it could have been worse if the Angels would have singled with runners on second and third near the end of the game. Those runners should never had been in scoring positions. I doubt that Leyland will play this the same way again. It could have turned out nasty, if not down right stupid.

What is it with the referees in the hockey playoffs? The Detroit Red Wings have lost two games to the San Jose Sharks and the difference has been because of penalties. In game two, the Wings had 10 and the Sharks had 4. Not only that, but while the Wings were ahead 3 to 2 late in the final period, they had to go 3 on 5 (two man dis-advantage) for almost three minutes and ended up losing the game. It might just be me, but I have seen much more 3 on 5's this year. Are the referee's helping to determine the outcomes of the games?

Matt Millen had to apologize on national TV last week. He jokingly called ESPN's Ron Jaworski and his fans in Philadelphia, an out of date, tasteless polish word. Things like this just keep popping up, showing what a bad choice Millen was to run the Detroit Lion organization. It would be so nice to not see him awhile, at least until some memories fade.
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment