My Sports Blog

Welcome to my Sports Blog.
I love sports, especially Michigan sports. I don't claim to be an expert on facts or records, but I have opinions on most anything. I hope you enjoy my thoughts. Feel free to comment or disagree with me.
Your feedback will be happily received.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lions will go 8 and 8

Peter King of Sports Illustrated picked his 2010 NFL ratings (1-32) this week. The Detroit Lions came in at number 24. Not bad since I cannot remember when they were ever out of the thirties. Most of the past years they have been in the number 32 slot.
I don't disagree with the Lions number of 24, which could be pretty close to true, but some of his other picks are way out in left field.
He picks Green Bay at number one. The Packers will probably win the NFC North with very little competition, but to be number one overall is a reach. They have no pass rush and their quarterback (although good), is definitely not one of the top 10 in the NFL.
He picks the New York Jets at number seven. This is too low. The Jets have proved with their defense that they can beat anyone. All opponents will struggle against them offensively. Sanchez will be in his second full year at quarterback and I look for New York to be a dominant and fearless team. Last year made me a believer.
The Philadelphia Eagles seem right at number 15 with rookie Kevin Kolb at quarterback. Giants are 9, Dallas is 10 and Washington is number 20. This division is up for grabs and is impossible to pick a winner. It should be fun.
My biggest surprise of King's picks is Seattle at number 11. Pete Carroll is the new coach and he will never turn this team around in his first year. I don't think the team has made enough changes to improve into the playoffs. We will see.
Now back to the Lions. I am still predicting (since draft day) that Detroit will win 8 games this year. They have done more than any team in the off-season to improve over the previous year, and the improvements will prove to be outstanding.
Detroit will beat Chicago twice, and at home they will beat Minnesota, Green Bay, St.Louis, Washington, and New England (Thanksgiving Day). Away, they will take care of Tampa Bay. Four of these wins will be against teams that are lower than Detroit in Peter King's ratings. You heard it here first. Eight and eight. Believe!
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment