My Sports Blog

Welcome to my Sports Blog.
I love sports, especially Michigan sports. I don't claim to be an expert on facts or records, but I have opinions on most anything. I hope you enjoy my thoughts. Feel free to comment or disagree with me.
Your feedback will be happily received.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Letter to King James

Dear Mr. James, (May I call you LeBron?)

I am writing you to offer my reasons (all personal to me) for you to stay in Cleveland and remain a Cavalier for the rest of your career. I am hoping that you stay until you are past your prime, have set many more records, and have accomplished all that you strive for in the NBA.
You probably understand the reasoning of the press, the owner, and the Cav fans for you not leaving and heading to another team, like Chicago, New York, or Miami. I, on the other hand can see your point on abandoning a team that seems it will never reach its potential: even with you on the roster. I understand all of the opinions of the parties involved, and I want you to listen to me for just a minute.
First, if you leave, the Cavaliers will go back to a team of the struggling past, with no chance of making the playoffs, a decline in attendance, and little media coverage with little revenue. Do you want to leave like that?
Secondly, you have spent 7 years in Cleveland. It took time for you and the team to jell, and the chemistry has improved tremendously. Why start over? You know what the team needs and you are not far from making it a champion. Why give up now when you are so close? A few more good players, and who knows?
The third point is that it is now fun for teams to play against Cleveland. The Cavaliers have you, and there is always exciting competition with a powerhouse team or even a team that is last in the standings. The NBA has good teams and bad teams. Don't make Cleveland a bad team again!
And lastly, I am not a Cleveland fan. I root for the Detroit Pistons every chance I get. I will not be cheering for you very much wherever you may go. However, I love to watch you play and I think you have done much for the game of basketball. You have been a real good fit in Cleveland, and probably will win a championship soon. How much better would it be to win the whole thing with the Cavaliers rather than Miami or New York? Seriously?
Sincerely,
Bob Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment