My Sports Blog

Welcome to my Sports Blog.
I love sports, especially Michigan sports. I don't claim to be an expert on facts or records, but I have opinions on most anything. I hope you enjoy my thoughts. Feel free to comment or disagree with me.
Your feedback will be happily received.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Basketball and more basketball

I have a few things to say about the Celtic/Magic game last night after Orlando finally won a game and the standings jumped to 3 to 1 in favor of Boston. I believe this will be Orlando's only win, and the next game should exit them from the playoffs. The Celtics will go on to the finals and duke it out with the Lakers or Suns in a much better match up. That said, here are my observations from Monday night's game.

TNT's Doris Burke interviewed Dwight Howard after the game and asked how his team finally got a win? Howard said he hot to thank God first and then he hod to thank his teammates. He actually implied that God had something to do with the win.
Now maybe Howard is closer to God than I am, but I can tell you that if God had been favoring any team it would have been the Boston Celtics last night. Dwight Howard used his elbows constantly under the basket and almost knocked out Kevin Garnett twice. Once he even grabbed Garnett by the face and pulled him down to the floor. The referee's did everything to control the game so that a fight would not break out, but even after that, Howard was still furiously swinging his elbows to get rebounds. I don't believe that God would have approved of Dwight's game, especially since it looked like he was trying to hurt someone. Dwight had 32 points and 16 rebounds, which was pretty good, but if God really wanted to help him and his team, he would have had more of Dwight's free throws go in. He was 6 for 14! I think the devil had more to do with that.
Bob
Next game I will lace into the Magic's Vince Carter who played 31 minutes and had 3 points!

No comments:

Post a Comment