My Sports Blog

Welcome to my Sports Blog.
I love sports, especially Michigan sports. I don't claim to be an expert on facts or records, but I have opinions on most anything. I hope you enjoy my thoughts. Feel free to comment or disagree with me.
Your feedback will be happily received.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Just Thinking

Ozzie Guillen, manager of the White Sox, remarking on only 10,000 fans at the Chicago/Toronto game, that the Blue Jays should put a few hockey players on their baseball team to get more attendance. With weather probably being the main factor, I would like to tell Ozzie that Toronto just needs better competition. Chicago only has 4 wins, and Toronto has 7 wins, and is in first place in their division. Ouch!

Attending sporting events can sometimes be not as much fun as anticipated. "The Philadelphia Phillies had a fan (not sure if "fan" is the right word here?)get into a fight with a father and his young daughter in the stands. The drunk put his fingers down his throat and vomited over the couple. I have heard some terrible stories of things happening at football stadiums (Oakland-Philadelphia), and this has got to be a new low for baseball. This was disgusting.

I wrote on "Twitter", that the NFL forces NFL teams to speak to the media about the upcoming draft before the big day. Things like, who they might pick? Who they might trade up or down for, etc.,
What a waste of time. Every team tries to be so secretive that news never comes out of these media promotions. Most of the dealing happens in the final minutes, so everyone lies or just tells the same stories that have been speculated from the press. Stop it! Quit wasting our time and theirs.

Five more days until the NFL draft. Got to make some popcorn!
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment