My Sports Blog

Welcome to my Sports Blog.
I love sports, especially Michigan sports. I don't claim to be an expert on facts or records, but I have opinions on most anything. I hope you enjoy my thoughts. Feel free to comment or disagree with me.
Your feedback will be happily received.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Draft Day 2010 (April 22nd)

Eight days and seven hours until the start of the 2010 NFL Draft. Tick, tick,tick. I know this is not usually very exciting for some of the NFL teams in the league, but for us Detroit fans it is the closest thing to the Super Bowl. We (die-hard Lions)relish every moment, and hope that some miraculous pick will make our team, "not win" the Super Bowl, but just be respectable again. Most of us are not even hoping for the playoffs anymore. 8 wins, and 8 losses would really be a step up, and I believe all of Michigan would go crazy if that happened. It has been such a long, long, long time. I haven't checked on how the Lions rate with the highest picks each year, but over the past 4 years, they have had a number one, two number two's and a seventeen. Five years ago they picked number 9. And for all of that,Detroit won three games in the last two years. But, am I down? Oh no. I can hardly wait for draft day. Then after the Lions make their picks, I will probably be down.

Detroit's number one pick could be Suh, or McCoy, both defensive tackles. I am fine with that, although I think it would be better to give up the pick for two players in the second round and save some money. Either way, I think that Detroit has made some good moves already with free agents, and with a few new draft picks, who knows?

It will be interesting to see how other teams enter the draft this year. The Philadelphia Eagles need a quarterback, and the Minnesota Vikings are waiting on Farve's decision. Again! Plus there are a few new coaches, and it will be interesting to see how Pete Carroll pans out with Seattle and Mike Shanahan deals with McNabb in Washington. Can't wait.
bob

No comments:

Post a Comment