My Sports Blog

Welcome to my Sports Blog.
I love sports, especially Michigan sports. I don't claim to be an expert on facts or records, but I have opinions on most anything. I hope you enjoy my thoughts. Feel free to comment or disagree with me.
Your feedback will be happily received.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bits and Pieces Today

Tony Kornheiser got suspended for two weeks from his TV show, "PTI." The reason being, he used derogatory remarks about ESPN's Hanna Storm's wardrobe on camera. I agree that his mumblings were kind of crude, but I have heard worse descriptions of dress on the Academy Awards Red Carpet. Hanna wore red boots, a tight top, and a short skirt. His words were unkind, but not salacious or scandalous. Among some of the things, he said that these were not clothes that a 40 or 50 year old should wear. Ouch!
Why the harsh punishment? Probably, I feel because they both work for ESPN (the same workplace). Kornheiser apologized, and I feel that should have been sufficient. I sure don't feel that the punishment fit the crime.

How long is this thing with the Michigan Wolverine football team going to go on? Why can't this matter be finalized? The NCAA says that Michigan committed 5 violations, and the school says they want the truth and will hide nothing. It's done.! Documentation is all there and a student coach was caught lying. Please! Pass out the penalties and let's move forward. This is not a real big thing as far as school infractions go. Other Universities have done much worse. Why does the NCAA have to wait 90 more days to pass a ruling when no more evidence is going to come out of this? Rodriguez says his program misinterpreted the rules. I say we misinterpreted Rich Rodriguez as a Michigan coach!
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment