My Sports Blog

Welcome to my Sports Blog.
I love sports, especially Michigan sports. I don't claim to be an expert on facts or records, but I have opinions on most anything. I hope you enjoy my thoughts. Feel free to comment or disagree with me.
Your feedback will be happily received.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

IZZO TO COACH PISTONS?

IZZO TO COACH PISTONS?

I know it doesn’t look like it now, but I believe that MSU coach, Tom Izzo will be the new head coach of the Detroit Pistons next year.
In the middle of the college basketball season, the Spartans had a lot of injuries, but still looked like a team with a decent bench and one of the best in the NCAA. It was very stressful for Izzo to juggle the lineups and try to keep the team on a winning track. He looked exhausted, and it was probably one of his hardest coaching years.
I believe owner Tom Gores, of the Detroit Pistons, and who has owned the team since 2011 wants to turn his Pistons around desperately. He feels it has been too long already, and even though the Detroit team has improved quite a bit, it is still below average and losing the fan base weekly. After firing coach, Maurice Cheeks, and using interim John Loyer, the team has not improved much, although both coaches tried to do their best. Gores needs a big name coach, or one who will keep the fans calmed down while they get more players. Izzo is loved all over the state. He will have ample time to develop the Pistons into contender, basically by the draft and trades. He will have more time than any other coach that would get the job. 
Why do I think Izzo would ever leave Michigan State? Well, Tom Gores will spend whatever it takes to get a winner. He will offer Tom Izzo a offer that will be hard to turn down. Izzo will see a fresh start with a new team, and will not have to keep living up to his reputation as a college coach. He has achieved what most coaches only dream of, and with the Spartan’s future not that bright for the coming year, the time to leave is now.
The Spartans won’t have Appling, or Payne next year. Izzo has suggested to Gary Harris to maybe seek the draft (why?), and Dawson could be thinking the same way. The new arrivals from high school are very good, but will not make a big impact on next year. Will the MSU team even make the NCAA tourney next year? And let me tell you, that is really hard to even think about happening.
Izzo is on the last years of his college career, it would be a new refreshed start for him. He has the energy and the drive, and what an achievement it would be to turn the Detroit Piston team around. I say he will take the job.
Bob Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment