My Sports Blog

Welcome to my Sports Blog.
I love sports, especially Michigan sports. I don't claim to be an expert on facts or records, but I have opinions on most anything. I hope you enjoy my thoughts. Feel free to comment or disagree with me.
Your feedback will be happily received.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014


CLOWN SHORTAGE

The national unemployment rate for the month of December was 6.7 percent. It is on a downward trend, but it is way too high, and should be much lower. Even with so many people out of work, did you know that there is a national clown shortage? Yes, we are short on the number of clowns in this country, and it could get much worse.
As old clowns die, young people are not replacing them in the business. When is the last time you heard a young person say that they were going to college to become a clown?   Probably never, right? It is just not cool anymore.

Looking towards the future, clowns just might become extinct. That is, except for the politicians, overpaid sports players, and young female singers, who do weird things to get people’s attention!
Have you noticed that when you do funny things around people, they don’t say that you are a funny clown; they just call you an “idiot.” At least, that is what I get!

I hope that clowns don’t fade away. Most people love them, and I do too. As a kid, however, I was afraid of the next-door neighbor clown who always wanted me to come over and check out his many wigs and noses. I never did, because he had no balloons, and was away from home for long periods of time.

As a youngster, I might have become a clown, because I tripped over my feet a lot. I couldn’t take the laughter, and for that reason, I wear a Batman suit. The laughter is gone. 

So if you are looking for a cause to help, I suggest, “Clowns Are Us.”  
Thanks for your support.

Bob Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment